myvirtualdoctor provides students and their dependents access to virtual health care. Members are guaranteed to be able to speak with a medical professional to address their needs and be provided the appropriate care. myvirtualdoctor offers unlimited 24/7 access anywhere in Canada and features:
- Access to health care professionals in 30 different languages
- Fast access to medical professionals via chat, video, or phone
- Consultations for family members at no additional cost
myvirtualdoctor can support members with various needs and offers the following functions:
- Diagnosis, Labs, Imaging, & Referrals
- Prescription delivery service
- Specialist appointments
- Safe and secure transfer of medical records to primary care physician
myvirtualdoctor is a service provided under mystudentplan – your Extended Health and Dental Plan. If you are eligible for Health coverage and have not opted out of the Health Plan, you will have access to myvirtualdoctor.
You will be automatically eligible for mystudentplan – the extended Health and Dental Plan and assessed the applicable fee. If you meet all the following criteria:
- You are a student of the Prince Albert, Saskatoon, Moose Jaw or Regina Campuses
- You are in an applicable program which is 12 weeks or more in length
- You are residing in Canada
Eligible students who have not opted out of mystudentplan – the Extended Health and Dental Plan, will receive an email with information on how to download the Telus Health app and register your account. The app is available on both Android and iOS devices and is accessible using any web browser.
If you wish to know more about the eligibility criteria, please visit the mystudentplan website.
If you are unsure if you are eligible for mystudentplan and can access myvirtualdoctor service, please contact the Saskatchewan Polytechnic Student Benefits Plan Office at email@example.com prior to any applicable deadline.